Financial Controller for Group Finance
Better Energy is an international renewable energy company specialising in creating new green energy. The green transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources can only be achieved by adding new renewable energy to our energy supply. At Better Energy, we are determined to drive change and help companies, cities and countries choose green energy in a way that brings new renewables online in an efficient and safe manner. We design, develop, engineer, finance, build, operate and own large-scale solar PV power plants in Denmark and abroad.
We are looking for a skilled Financial Controller with relevant experience to join our growing team in the Finance department.
Your team and the organisation
As our new Financial Controller you will fill an important position characterised by great variety and opportunities for development. You will join our Controlling team and be part of the Finance department in which you will meet a growing team of colleagues. The department is currently made up of 20 dedicated people working with a wide range of tasks and projects in accounting, controlling, and planning but facing increasing growth.
When becoming a part of Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work, and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
The Financial Controller position will play an essential role in continuously strengthening our team while working with a wide range of tasks and processes mainly within financial controlling. You will use your proactive and positive approach to define, implement, and contribute to the optimisation of our workflows and processes. The responsibilities and tasks fulfilled by the position will evolve continuously and you will have a great impact in affecting and shaping your role.
Your cooperation skills will benefit you while you work closely with the business and use a hands-on approach in taking responsibility for your work and in the process of professionalising our processes. We prioritise supporting and assisting each other in our team, sharing the responsibilities and being accountable for deliveries. Emphasizing the importance of collaboration, we expect our new colleague to appreciate positive and goal-oriented teamwork.
Our culture is dynamic, and our organisation is characterised by easy and quick ways of communication, giving you the base for influencing how you solve your tasks.
In the role, some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the preperation of consolidated financial statements
- Preparation of year end accounts.
- Supporting the development of tools, reporting, etc. for controlling.
- Financial controlling reporting according to relevant GAAPs.
- Development and maintenance of consolidation system.
- Support our culture of continuous improvement of effectiveness, efficiency and services provided by the Controlling-team.
The position will report to the Group Finance Director.
Being our new colleague, we expect you to bring a solid background from a similar position (min of 4 years) where you have gained extensive experience in a company structure of great complexity. Developing processes and best practices motivates you, and your style of work is characterised by structure and an eye for foreseeing issues and finding matching solutions. You are thorough and give great attention to details while thriving in a flexible and changing environment.
Additionally, we expect you to possess the following qualifications:
- A relevant academic background (MSc in Finance, cand.merc.aud or similar).
- Working experience with Danish Financial Statement Act and/or IFRS
- Hands-on experience in working with consolidation of many entities and subsidiaries.
- Strong skills and knowledge within IT systems and especially consolidation- and ERP systems as well as Excel.
- Experience with strengthening internal controls
- Fluency in English, verbally as well as in writing.
Since we have a lot of focus on culture and people at Better Energy, we think you will be the best match for the organisation if you can identify with the qualities below:
- Known for your positive energy, outlook and dedication when working individually as well as in collaboration with the team to reach our goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop professional relationships and obtain commitment.
- Being able to and motivated by navigating in a complex company structure.
- Being ready for change and not getting frustrated working in a fast-pace environment where directions sometimes change fast.
What will you enjoy?
When joining Better Energy, you most importantly become part of a business that is driving the green energy transition in Denmark as well as internationally.
- With your employment, you will join in a good lunch scheme, have private health insurance and an IT scheme. But you will also enjoy the following…A job where you can take charge in your function while working in a supporting environment.
- A fun and interesting job – ask anyone at Better Energy and they will say you have excellent opportunities for setting the direction and experience professional and personal development.
- Kind and talented colleagues.
How we recruit
We know that it is our people who make the difference. Having the right skills is only part of the picture. We look for cultural fit, too. This means that we are very thorough when we try to find the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to truly make a difference, send us your CV and your application through the link below.
Please apply for the position no later than 4th March 2021. We will, however, be reviewing the applications continuously and close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, you are more than welcome to contact Ann Young Lyster Rasmussen at email@example.com. If you have questions about the recruitment process, please contact Lea Dissing at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +45 20 71 78 38.